Distorted File Help

emilyeasley23

Question

I am quite new at Vectorworks so bare with me, but I have been basically taking a file sent to me, and coloring the walls, and adding furniture from 3D Warehouse. I have been working on this with no issues for a month now, and last night when I opened it, all the walls and floors are distorted, and none of my settings have changed.I have attached pictures for reference, the B&W one is what the image should look like, the colored picture is the distorted image.  Is this a common problem, can I save this file? I will add that the backup file looks the exact same as this, I already uninstalled and reinstalled Vectorworks, and updated both my computer and Vectorworks, and exported the file as an older Vectorworks file. Thanks!

good image.jpg

bad image.jpg

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

It looks to me like you have gotten your "camera" set to slightly below the ground plane and are looking up through the floor. The grey rectangle is the floor/ground plane.

Try either using the Standard Views from the Views menu or use the Flyover tool to change your view.

The picture was taken with the camera set at the right isometric view. It seems like the ground is on top of everything else, and the baseboards and colors on the walls are distorted. 

44 minutes ago, emilyeasley23 said:

The picture was taken with the camera set at the right isometric view. It seems like the ground is on top of everything else, and the baseboards and colors on the walls are distorted. 

It looks like the view has been rotated to the back of the model and perhaps perspective has been turned on. The colours would be darker than you expect since the back of the model is usually shadowed. I would trying resetting to top/plan view and then reselecting right isometric view.

If you continue to have issues you could post the file and we could take a look. Reseting the view shouldn't be too hard.

Kevin

I have deleted the ground layer and the issue is the distorted walls, the top and bottom baseboards are scattered all over the walls, the white walls have a decal assigned to them and that is what that partial blue part is. It is very glitchy when I use they flyover tool, as if the file is damaged but no dialog popup saying the file is damaged has appeared. 

image.png