Inserting door in drawing

Hello All,

This is probably a simple question, but I think I am experiencing some funkyness when I try to insert doors into a drawing. 1st. I double click on the door icon so the configuration window comes up. In this particular instance, all I need to change is the door width, which I do change to 1'6". I then go to insert the door into the wall and it is still listed at the default 3'. Am I missing something here? It is driving me crazy...or at least more crazy!

Thanks for any help!

I have never double clicked on the door tool. I just tried it and got the same results as you did. Not sure what this dialog box is for.

Instead, select the door tool and then click on the preferences button on the Mode Bar. This is how I have always done it and it works fine.

I too would be interested in an answer to your question though.

Patrick & Kevin, I tried it too, and was also a little (pleasantly) surprised. I would usually just single click on the PIO to select it. The dialog that comes up is pretty straight forward. I'm sure you noticed that all the check boxes (which are all unchecked) are for the same settings found in the OIP. By clicking on the "GENERAL SETTINGS" box, then entering the desired width, then clicking "OK" I was able to successfully create a pre-sized door. [Patrick: could you have been changing the "x" field, thinking it controlled door width??]

Double clicking on the Door Object icon opens up a dialog box called Create Object, wheras clicking on the Object Preferences button in the Mode Bar opens up a dialog box called Object Properties.

The only visual difference I can see between the two is that the Create Object dialog box includes location and rotation options at the top. In use though the Object Properties dialog box accepts changes wheras the Create Object dialog box doesn't.

I can't see the point in having the Create Object option if it won't accept the changes you make in the dialog box. For consistancy of use perhaps NNA should fix this.

NOTE: I tried several other plug-in objects and the same thing happens. If you double click on them a Create Object dialog box opens up which includes location and rotation information, but it will not accept any changes made.

I think the key is the ID tag# for each object. In order to accept new data into a PIO record field , there first must be a new object ID# to define the record set for that object. Otherwise null is generated by the boolean for object creation.

PIO objects all have various record fields by default such as width, height, etc. but the User must first define the object and the placement before these fields can be change via the PIO. Additionally the PIO default parameters can be changed via Menu>Organize>Scripts>Plug-in Editor. Hope this helps.