Greg MacPherson

Vision 2019 crashes on Mac with Nvidia

I've been told by VWX tech that my Vision 2019 crashes because Apple no longer supports the Nvidia card that came with my MacBook Pro (mid2014). Has anyone found a work-around for this short of installing Windows 10 and trying to run Vision on this platform with the Nvidia card?

The only workaround that we have found is switch to using the integrated graphics card.

There is a utility that allow you to manually switch between integrated and discrete video cards.

Not ideal, but Vision will run on the integrated video card for the machines we have tested.

• Like 1

@Paulo Ferrari I believe that setting always forces the machine to use the discrete card all the time. gfxCardStatus alows you to force the system to use the integrated graphics all the time.

• Like 1

@klinzey  Yes, This setting that I mentioned, it's enables the Discrete Card all the time. Always that you needed come back to the automatic Setting, It will necessary to mark this box " Automatic Graphics Switching" again.

About this gfxCardStatus, I Don't know if it work without problem in the newer MacBook's with Dual-GPU, because in the developer website, they comments only about this MacBook's Models "2008-2012, 15-17" dual-GPU MacBook Pro"

Regards
Paulo Renan Ferrari

On 5/1/2019 at 3:14 PM, Greg MacPherson said:

Has anyone found a work-around for this short of installing Windows 10 and trying to run Vision on this platform with the Nvidia card?

It's not ideal, but I found that to be the best solution.

I can run Windows 10 on Boot Camp with success. I'm also on a 2014 MBP, with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB.

Thanks Charlie. I just have to figure out how to get BootCamp to allow me to partition a a portion of my hard drive. It tells me there isn't enough space, although there is. How much space are you allocating on your drive for Windows and Vision?

6 hours ago, Greg MacPherson said:

How much space are you allocating on your drive for Windows and Vision?

I have 60GB allocated for my BootCamp partition.