Cropped viewports not rotating with 3D view

Reference a file with 3D geometry and create a viewport on a layer.

Rotate the view, and everything is visible, both objects in my other design layer, and objects in my viewport reference.

Now crop that viewport so that only objects you want are visible.

Rotate the view, and what you get is a fixed window from the viewport crop, not your 3D objects rotating.

Why because the crop is locked into Screen Plane.

Is this a new 2019 feature?

I don't remember VW doing this. Generally I don't crop viewports, but sometimes I don't want to see an entire property but just a small portion, and the viewport kills all of the 3D ability.

I tired switching the crop object, in this case a square, to layer plane, but it won't take. It's screen plane only. I hate screen plane. I never use it, and now it's screwing me.

Is there a way around this?

3 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

You can use the Flyover and Walkthrough tool in the Edit Crop mode of a viewport to set the view as you want and then put a screen plane object to crop to just the objects you want to see.

That doesn't solve the problem.

That would require me knowing what I want it to look like before I draw something in my design layer.

I want the 2 sets of elements to be able to viewed together.

This works when there is no crop so in order for me to work at all I have to delete the crops to view the objects in 3D.

11 minutes ago, BenV said:

Yes this is a known issue that has been raised previously. It would be amazing to be able to use a 3d object/extrude to function as a 3d crop of sorts.

Currently, in essence, you cannot crop a DLVP for 3d work.

I gave you a thumbs up for your post, but i really want a thumbs down option for the information.

Thanks