How do I view sketch?

Doh... So I open a blank document, draw a rectangle, double-click the "rough" sketch style in the RB, confirm it in the OI render tab... but nothing happens.

According to the VW help pages, I should go and select View > Rendering > Sketch Options... but all I see is this:

6001072670.gif

Thanks Jonathon - after a little difficulty I was able to view the file by downloading it to my computer. For whatever reasons it wouldn't play in Safari.

The sketch capability is pretty neat - but they do need to make the manual a little clearer.

Also get the NNA movie link reworking. At a guess I would say it probably broke because too many people were trying to download it at the same time.

[ 03-02-2005, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

It would be nice if these updates would more concisely show us what has been added, altered, or deleted. I had the same situation as Archken. It took me a few minutes to figure out that it did not automatically add to my custom workspace.

I guess for now I will have to study the standard Architect workspace and see if I can discern what has changed.

quote:

Originally posted by archoncad:

i went to the web site and looked at the what?s new... there are heaps of new things...

What I was referring to is not what has changed, but how it shows up in the workspace.

For example: Hidden line smoothing angle has been moved. I only know this because Katie just posted it on this Board.

Sketch is a "big ticket" item so it's not showing up in my workspace was obvious. But I am sure there are less obvious items that may now exist that I am not aware of because they are not in my custom workspace.

If I knew what to look for I could find them and add them if I choose.

Kevin,

Do you really want some installer-writer messing with your custom workspace? I don't. But I agree adding a note about where to find the feature would be helpful on the feature list.

Maybe the best thing would be to use the supplied Workspace for a good look around. Then decide whether it's quicker to add the new features you like to your custom space, or to add your customizations to the "factory" workspace. (After rereading your post above, I see you had already come to this conclusion!)

Good luck,

[ 03-02-2005, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Travis ]