Automatic class generation

An interesting question was raised in the thread below:  Unless I'm mistaken,  Sheet layer visibility is turned OFF by default for all new class generation and cannot be turned ON for classes that are generated by plug-in objects. More and more PIO's are able to generate classes by default which is very useful, but it is tiresome to then have to make the classes visible in existing sheet layer viewports. 

Is there a way for the user to be able to toggle this feature On or OFF as a document preference?

Many thanks.

This confuses my students quite often, and I would love to see this issue fixed. I really hope a programmer didn't one day decide "let's make these classes invisible by default" - rather, I'm guessing it's more of an oversight/fluke that's just never been addressed.

It happens to me all the time not only with auto-generated classes, but also when I import or copy/paste things in from other files. If new classes are brought in with these objects, the classes are always automatically OFF in viewports and saved views, which often leads to things missing in views that are already set up. This is of course fixable by right clicking the new classes and adjusting "Visibilities" - but the issue is moreso even realizing this needs to be done in the first place. It would be much safer to include these extra classes as visible, which we can then turn off in viewports as desired.