Marquee Selection No longer working

Stonewolf Studios

Question

This may be completely daft.... somewhere, somehow I must have changed a setting I can no longer find.... or hit a shortcut I didin't know was a thing.  

I can no long select things with marquees... I can SHIFT - Select Objects just fine, but when I do a rectangle, lasso, or polygonal marquee nothing is selecting.  Classes are set to Show/Modify all and the objects are all on the layer I am working with, but no multi-selection.

thoughts?

10 answers to this question

I am literally marqueeing around the whole layer of lights.

The only difference I can tell is that the lights I am working with in plot have also had the 'edit vision data' tool used on them. But this has never happened when I have used this tool.

Point sources select normally in a marquee.

Sent a PM with a dropbox link to my drawing.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Ahh these are Lighting Devices, not light objects set to spot.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 3.30.26 PM.png

When I zoomed out far enough to see them, I was able to use marquee selection. Disabling the Legend also fixed it. The Standard legend having some components so far off the lighting device is causing the issue in this file. They could be moved back manually or switched to another legend.