High Sierra and Service Pack 2 Issue "mdworker quit unexpectedly while using the VectorWorks plug-in.

Joe Hun

Question

mdworker quit unexpectedly while using the VectorWorks plug-in.

Pop-up is persistent . I can tell Pop-up to Ignore or Report. It makes no difference. Pops back up in minute or so over and over again.

Has anyone run across this?  Started after install of SP2. Suggested solution? I have already done a re-intall.  Is there anyway to roll back to SP-1 until this is resolved?

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.27.24 PM.png

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is unfortunately an issue with Apple's Spotlight indexing, however I can suggest the following before you contact their support:

Close Vectorworks down entirely. Then, follow the steps here to set your Hac HD to Private so that it stops indexing everything:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201716

After you add Macintosh HD to the privacy list, reboot the machine, then go back into System Preferences and remove it from the privacy list. Apple's Spotlight should start re-indexing everything. Once this completes, launch Vectorworks and see if the error appears again.

On 12/4/2017 at 12:49 PM, JimW said:

This is unfortunately an issue with Apple's Spotlight indexing, however I can suggest the following before you contact their support:

Close Vectorworks down entirely. Then, follow the steps here to set your Hac HD to Private so that it stops indexing everything:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201716

After you add Macintosh HD to the privacy list, reboot the machine, then go back into System Preferences and remove it from the privacy list. Apple's Spotlight should start re-indexing everything. Once this completes, launch Vectorworks and see if the error appears again.

Thanks guys,  This worked. All working fine now.

Joe,