All Architectural PIOs Should Have The Option For 3d Only

Kevin McAllister

Question

I wish all architectural PIOs had the option for 3d only. Often I will use a door or a window PIO to generate geometry in a set model where they are inserted into custom 3d geometry instead of walls. When you create a symbol I end up with a partial hybrid symbol because my custom geometry doesn't have a 2d component but the door or window does. I wish there was a checkbox for 3d only like the Truss PIOs.

Thanks,

Kevin

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

I wish all architectural PIOs had the option for 3d only. Often I will use a door or a window PIO to generate geometry in a set model where they are inserted into custom 3d geometry instead of walls. When you create a symbol I end up with a partial hybrid symbol because my custom geometry doesn't have a 2d component but the door or window does. I wish there was a checkbox for 3d only like the Truss PIOs.

Thanks,

Kevin

Great KM, Just gonna add that ALL PIOs should have A 3D ONLY option.

Yes! I had the same thought just yesterday as I created a Symbol which included a Truss PIO and some other 3D objects. The 2D symbol ended up just displaying the 2D Truss, so I then had to choose whether to draw in the 2D component for everything else manually, or to take the 3D Truss and Convert to Group. Neither were ideal, but I went with the latter and hopefully I won't have to alter the truss at all.