Jump to content
Wesley Burrows

Spotlight/Braceworks - Video Screen/Projection Load Attachment

Recommended Posts

When you use the Video Screen PIO it shows two different weight fields,  one for the screen and one for the PJ, which leads me to believe you should be able to attach the screen as a load on one truss  and the PJ as a load on another.   In reality, I have haven't been able to get this to happen.  It all assigns as one item (as far as I can tell) so I've added load items for now.    Should they be attachable separately?   Or is that something that is in the works?

 

59fa297ddae7c_ScreenShot2017-11-01at3_06_55PM.png.fa4b00fcb417eb6d24b983b1f809ccf1.png

Edited by Wesley Burrows

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately for Vectorworks 2018 is planned to be able to attach only the video screen. If you need to include the projector properly in the calculations, you need to set it's location via the OIP parameters for Projector distance and vertical position. Note that Braceworks calculations don't need a Hanging Position, it's meant to allow hang with offset (via the Witness Lines) and also object associations. In the attached image no Hanging Position is used.

Video screen.png

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Yordan Kostadinov said:

Unfortunately for Vectorworks 2018 is planned to be able to attach only the video screen. If you need to include the projector properly in the calculations, you need to set it's location via the OIP parameters for Projector distance and vertical position. Note that Braceworks calculations don't need a Hanging Position, it's meant to allow hang with offset (via the Witness Lines) and also object associations. In the attached image no Hanging Position is used.

 

 

Is this braceworks truss?  Or does this work with the truss PIO?   Does it just auto associate with the nearest truss?  

Share this post


Link to post

In the image is used the Truss item. Braceworks creates a model of the structure including the new Truss item, the known Straight and Curved Trusses and the Lighting Pipe, the Hoist as drops and all object with Load Information as weights. Braceworks assumes that both the Screen and the Projector are attached to the trusses. But they are not associated as when using Hanging Position for move or rotate.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Yordan Kostadinov said:

In the image is used the Truss item. Braceworks creates a model of the structure including the new Truss item, the known Straight and Curved Trusses and the Lighting Pipe, the Hoist as drops and all object with Load Information as weights. Braceworks assumes that both the Screen and the Projector are attached to the trusses. But they are not associated as when using Hanging Position for move or rotate.

 

So it does auto-associate with the truss pio without needing to be a hanging position?   As in,  it'll calculate the weight but not move with the truss if it the truss gets moved?   I guess the thing I'm having a hard time with,  is running system checks on objects and getting seemingly random load not attached errors.  It's somewhat difficult to tell what is actually attached and what is not.  There are even lights with the blue remove load arrow that flag with a label as load not attached.  My company is purchasing Braceworks for me next week and in the meantime I've been trying to get some projects already in progress setup for it in advance.   I'm currently just using the built-in Spotlight braceworks commands.

 

    

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Wesley Burrows said:

So it does auto-associate with the truss pio without needing to be a hanging position?

Yes, if it's near enough to the center line of the structural object.

 

10 minutes ago, Wesley Burrows said:

it'll calculate the weight but not move with the truss if it the truss gets moved?

Yes, to achieve this use the Hanging Position.

 

17 minutes ago, Wesley Burrows said:

load not attached errors.  It's somewhat difficult to tell what is actually attached and what is not. 

This can be avoided by converting the host structure to a Hanging Position and setting exact hang point whit Witness Line. The Braceworks Labels will inform you for all type of problems.

 

21 minutes ago, Wesley Burrows said:

There are even lights with the blue remove load arrow that flag with a label as load not attached.

In the upcoming by the end of the month SP2 below the Remove menu you will have Set Hanging Point menu and using the snapping you'll be able to easily point where to be calculated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...