Snap to center of circle

Hello,

My 2D drawings tend to be congested with lines in the area of the center of circles. Consequently, the SmartPointer has a hard time finding the center of the circle. Is there an easy way to locate the center of the circle in this situation?

Tom

TOM, I can think of a couple ways. Probably the easiest is to find the center once and then place a 2D LOCUS POINT at that location. Because the LOCUS will be the most recently added object you will be able to find and snap to it easily (I think!). Alternately, if it doesn't ruin your drawing, you could simply select the circle and MOVE TO FRONT, then it will be easier to snap to it.

The second is more complicated and consists of putting the circle and other objects into their own layers (or classes) and then finding them by having only your choice of layer (or class) active/visible/whatever.

Hope that helps

Peter Cipes

Residential Designer

Ashland, Oregon

Peter,

Thanks for the response. I'm used to the AutoCAD way of selecting the "center" constraint and then clicking on the circle of which you want the center. Is there any way to do it in this fashion? Are there any plug-ins that anyone is aware of that can do this?

Thanks,

Tom

There is not a constraint specificaly for circles in VW.

Reducing the Snap Radius (Preferences) and/or zooming in will make the SmartCursor more "choosey". If you select the cicle you want, the centre will become highlighted and the cursor will usually snap to it even if there are objects "on top" of it. (unless they are *exactly* on top of it)

Also, you may find usefull the

Organise>Custom selection> Select Only/Create Script> Objects whose Type is/ Arc/Oval, whatever...

If you choose Create Script, this will place a palette with a script in your Drg that will do the whatever action.

I use this all the time for Dimensions because I tend to dimension before I've finished drafting and end up with a mish-mash of different dimension line weights. Then I fix them all up at the end.

cheers,

N.

[ 05-28-2004, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: propstuff ]