Newbe question about worksheets

Open the worksheet from the Resource Browser. If it's on the drawing already, you'll need to right click or command click on it to open it.

In the upper left corner is an arrow pointing down. Click on this button.

Select border. Remove the checks next to anything you don't want the border on - outline is probably the one you don't want.

I don't think you can get rid of it on a PS printer from a mac.

I think you have to convert copy to lines and set the line weights to a none fill to get it to print.

It's all coming back to me ...

On the other hand .. try this-

Click on the arrow in the upper left corner of the open worksheet.

Select Preferences.

Remove the checkmark next to "show grid"

Let me know if that works.

[ 03-30-2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Here's a thought: Why not give vectorworks ODBC capability (or anything like it) so that we can connect to Excel or some other spreadsheet program (go look at other CAD programs that do this) so that we don't have to use the archaic, clunky, cumbersome worsheets in Vectorworks (i.e.: no word wrap, counterintutive data entry, pull down menu to execute every function?, no individual cell text size/font control,lousy documentation on funtctionality).

Originally posted by jnr:

quote:

Here's a thought: Why not give vectorworks ODBC capability ...

I know for a fact that that has been on the request list since, at least, version seven. That was about the time that Filemaker Pro was obtaining ODBC capacity, and it could have greatly added to the power of VW. Now, in spite of the improved scripting, it's still true.

With FMP Server and ODBC, VW might, relatively easily, achieve a system where one file can be worked on simultaneously by many people. That is a major step into the big time.

On the down side, ODBC means more connectivity to M$ products which suggests, to me, an increased risk of things going wrong.