SetPrefReal(6725, .5);

AlanW

Question

From one of the latest VW journals this was provided to speed up or slow down the speed of transitions between saved views by creating g a script. It stated that it would only last for the current VW Session but it stays forever. Only way i found to change it is to change the script. It changes the speed for all aspects of changing views. even re centering  on top plan.

Any way to have it reset to factory default??

Edited by Alan Woodwell

3 answers to this question

Alan,

On my machine in a reasonably clean install of VW2017SP4, where I don't think I ever changed this setting before, a GetPretReal(6725); returns a value of 0.3

Set the value back to 0.3 and it appears to reset to the "factory speed".

Values less than 0.3 speed up transitions. Values greater than 0.3 slow down transitions.

I just tested. The pref setting appears to be retained through a VW restart.  This is actually what I would expect. Preferences are saved on quit from VW.

This means that a changed preference that does not go through a normal Quit (ie. crash or force quit) will not be saved.

It would be nice to have a command similar to the Save Palette Positions (Window:Palettes:Save Palette Positions) that would save the preferences instead of having to Quit VW.

• Like 1