Lighting pipe won't display correctly in my file, but will do in a new blank file...

Eli van Hooff

Question

I am working in Vectorworks Spotlight.

I have a 150mb drawing which I am working in. 

At the moment when I add an lighting pipe to the drawing, only a line with markers will be displayed. Even when I go to OpenGL view, only the line will be viewed.

But all my other lighting pipes will display correctly... Only new ones don't. 

When I open a new document, and copy paste the just created lighting pipe in the other document, and try the open GL view, the lighting pipe will just render correctly, no problems whatsoever....

So what is going on here?

Did I reach the max of items that my drawing can render....?

I have an Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB video card and an Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB. (there are two screens connected at the moment though)

And enough space free on my mac, and 16GB of RAM. 

(the orange highlited line is the lighting pipe that should be rendered the way u can see in the other photo....)

Schermafdruk 2017-06-26 00.23.17.png

Schermafdruk 2017-06-26 00.22.49.png

1 answer to this question

Make sure that your lighting pipe has double lines selected in the OIP (object info palette) .

also make sure that the class settings for the object give the pipe a solid fill.

you may also have the auto class functionality of the object set to something strange and the resulting classes are not displaying what you expect.