Forum: Sort by Author

Patrick Winkler

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JimW said:

When did this option disappear? Apologies, I never noticed it.

In the meantime, if you're looking for posts by a particular author, the Member search on the top right of the advanced search page should let you find anyone on the forum and all content from them:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/search/

Ok. I had no idea that was there. Is it possible to make that more obvious in the forum theme?

On a side note, is there a way to search for posts by a specific user during a specific time period? I was trying to find posts I made between January and April of 2014 but I couldn't find an easy way to do it. I can set dates and me as the user in the advanced search but it won't search without a search term which isn't helpful.

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The dates are for the Join date of the member not the post date of content from that particular user it looks like, I'll see if searching a date range for posts by a given user is possible in an update. I don't see any options for that at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Marionette Maven

@Kevin McAllister

This probably won't help much, but if you were the one to start the thread, you can sort those posts by going to your profile, select 'See My Activity' towards the top, and then choose "Topics" from the left sidebar. Those can be sorted by start date.

I haven't found a way to narrow it down to a set of dates, and it doesn't appear to give the option when looking at ALL of your posts, but it's a start.