Smart Cursor Settings

You're snapping to everything.

The 10x10 grid, endpoints, Angles, extensions, fractions of a line, edges etc.

What you're seeing as a 5mm snap is probably a 5mm dimension precision. Take a look at File>Document Settings>Units and see if the rounding base is set to 5.

Set it to 1 and you'll likely see those 25's become 23 or 24 etc.

Hi BCD, have checked and rounding base is already less than 5.

The x and y positions in the OIP also have values not equal to units of 10mm.

I would have expected that with the snap to grid set to 10mm that providing you weren't using a command such as move or distribute, that they would be moved in increments of 10mm.

Maybe I'm not understanding the feature correctly.

Capture 2.PNG

The 10x10 grid doesn't force itself on objects, rather it provides an additional set of snapable loci across the drawing area.

So a 10mm line snapped to the grid will happily offer it's midpoint as a snap point if midpoint snaps are enabled.

Edited by bcd

This is normal behaviour. There are multiple possible explanations so I'll just list one I think most likely: 

If you (for sake of examination) make the snap grid 10mm, the reference grid the same, then zoom in and deal with objects only 5 times longer/wider than the snap grid, it becomes easy to witness the snapping occurrences and deduce the logic behind them.

For example, make a 50mm square with its top left corner on a grid point, grab its edge centre, then slowly drag it rightward with your cursor slightly above the square's edge to avoid object-related snaps. The first move will be 5mm where it first locks to the snap grid. Subsequent movements will add 10mm. 5... 15... 25... When you let go, the square's top left corner will be an increment of 5 away from where it began. 'Where on an object you grab,' is just one of multiple explanations of how your wall spacings may have reached 5mm increments.