Layer & Class Options

Jim Smith

Question

I've always kinda just got around this annoying fussy bug & can't find the answer to it:

In a Design Layer one has selected the Layer & Class Visibility set to: SHOW/ SNAP/ OTHERS & a Viewport & Sheet are created. But, the default when one opens that Sheet is ACTIVE ONLY!!!??

I know one must know the answer to ask the question in the "Post Publication" era of no printed documentation & publication by engineers. So please, if someone knows the answer  to this age old mystery please illuminate Pirot.

8-}

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

You can have only one Sheet Layer active and visible at any time. Viewports on that Sheet can show multiple layers, but you can only have one sheet visible. This is effectively the same as having the preference set to Active Only, but it is done automatically.

As soon as you switch back to having a Design Layer be active the preference will automatically switch back to your previous setting.

I get that. The issue is this: A Sheet seems to have a baked in set of Layer & Class Visibility attributes that one cannot change. So one may visit a Viewport or a  Design Layer and change the visibility of Layer & Class, but the Sheet has, as I say, a baked in set of visualities and that does not seem to be a thing that can be altered as the options are all Grey.

Curious 

• Like 1

A sheet layer is basically a scale of 1:1 container for Viewports.

You are able to control the class visibilities for the Sheet Layer, but the only one sheet layer can be visible at a time.  In a viewport you can control which layers and which classes are visible.

Sheet layers by themselves are not capable of much. Sheet layer plus viewport allow you to do almost anything.