VW 2017 VP not rendering correcting

First drawing that I'm working on with VW 2017. Just running a few test renderings in a camera VP ,open GL works as expected but both fast and final RW are not what I expected.

My shows I'm not running out of RAM...could this be a video issue?

In the meantime I'll export this back to VW2016 and see if it behalves the same.

RWGL.png

RWfinal.png

Jamie - I'm just now starting to explore v2017, too. So sympathizing rather than helping.

1. I find some anomalies related to the overall graphics setting, as many others have pointed out.  Just curious, does your render issue change if you down grade the vwx Prefs>Display>Navigation Prefs?  That helped in some of my early experiments.
  2. Following notes are not render related so much, but I found that symbols containing NURBS surfaces do not rescale properly as they did in earlier versions.  Looks like some of your elements are large in OGL, and small in the RW mode - NURBS surfaces? My NURBS surfaces sort of maintain orientation with other elements, but do not rescale well.
  3. In my sample generic conifer symbol - Trunk is Extrude Along Path which scales as expected.  Greenery is NURBS surfaces scale strangely symmetric or asymmetric - moving up or down or not scaling.
  4. Changing the NURBS Surfaces to Shells or 3dPolys solves the scale issue, but adds complexity/render overhead.

ScaledConnifers.png

Edited by Benson Shaw
Incompetence

Hi Benson

Thanks for the reply.

You certainly have a knack of discovering the issues and solutions.

Yes I reduced the navigational graphics preferences and viola I can render again...thanks.

One other anomaly I have discovered (so far) occurs when you create objects from shapes, which I often do.

Create your object in the class you wish or change it afterwards. The class attributes are set to use at creation.

Once created the object will show a colour in the attributes palette which doesn't match it's actual state. When you go to select the colour you want it is already highlighted/selected but requires another selection for it to occur.

Thanks for you help @Benson Shaw

pref.png

CO.png

CO2.png

CO3.png

CO1.png