Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Various nodes

AlanW

This is the newest Version.

I think, there should be just one Rectangle Node. Which works approximately like a double click on the corresponding Rectangle Tool. That's what would save a lot of Time for Marionette users. But it needs a lot of time, to create matured nodes. Even my node is not "perfect enough". As example if the angle AND orientation input is empty, there will be an error. Also there are math calculations even then if I have default orientation and default insertion point. That will cost (not much, but some) unnecessary calculation time.

But what surprice?!:

Drawing 1'000'000 with the enhanced Rectangle. Takes 28s

Drawing 1'000'000 with the original rectangle from the lib. Takes 31s 

Anyway, seems to be as fast as the original. I think drawing the rectangle takes the time. Not calculating the insertion points. Also It takes a lot more time, to first draw the rectangle and then move around to the right place (what we normally have to do with the standard node). So I am quite happy with this Version of the node :P

The bigger challenge I think: How to update the libraries in future? Because if there would be an update of the rectangle node with new inputs, the existing networks could get broken. But I think, they are doing it the right way.