I need to show a thickened or offset wall.  See image left side, hollow rectangle that matches the small wall sections in the middle and the thickened wall section on the right.

And what do wall offsets really describe?  Changes to top & or bottom of wall segments? Or wall thickness like I am trying to demonstrate? Or just any change to the plane of the wall?

So, what sort of monkeying around can I anticipate in order to yield the results I want? The typical walls are 3.5" and the thicker wall segments (casi columns) are 6".

Screenshot 2016-09-28 09.19.03.png

Well it didn't really work.  It left a little trailing piece of wall and an equal size divot from another segment of wall.  The red rectangle is where I tried to clip surface. Yes my rectangle was placed accurately.

Surely someone has dealt with this situation before.  Do I make several wall types/thickness and wrap them around?  Tried the pilaster tool, works on one side.  So really this is like a 

3-sided pilaster.   

Screenshot 2016-09-30 09.13.58.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Have you tried creating a pillar like this (attached)? I drew the shape of the pillar including the wall thickness, then joined the wall to it. The shape to the upper right is a copy of what it looked like before joining.

BTW: if you have trouble with the joining, try moving the ends of the wall just short of the pillar before joining them.