input bar stuck on other monitor

RussU

Question

On a dual monitor setup, I have the input bar appearing nowhere near the cursor when working.

Monitor on the left is primary, on the right is secondary.

Have VW on second monitor (both 1080p) but the input bar (the one you can tab through and enter data) is stuck where the monitors join... It moves up and down with the cursor, but doesn't move left or right to follow the cursor.

If I move VW to monitor 1, the issue goes away, but moving it back to monitor 2 makes it re-occur...

(Before everyone says "work on monitor 1...." That's a little laptop screen, and monitor 2 is huge.)

Anyone else have this issue? it's not a killer, but a bit off-putting.

edit.... The problem stays when I set monitor 2 to it's native 4k.

status.jpg

Edited by RussU
more info

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That graphics card is an integrated Intel mode, which is below the system requirements as we have seen them cause issues pretty regularly. If you disconnect the second monitor entirely, restart the machine and then launch Vectorworks, does the floating data bar resume working as expected or does it still stick in one location?

well, I have everything pretty much set to use the nvidia side of things, but without a bios option I'm unable to switch off the intel all together.

All I need to do is play with no monitor attached (not practicval with the new, brilliant bu huge resource manager) or have everything on the primary.

I don't need to restart to get it to behave normally, just have it on monitor 1 and it's fine... seems like everything but the data bar can move over to monitor two.

I (unfortunately) can't restart my machine at the moment, or for the next day or two, as it's processing a huge data set into a point cloud. sorry! but I can assure you that the behaviour remains pretty constant regardless of power cycles or extra monitor set ups.

Like I said earlier, don't bust a gut on a fix for this... it's not a crippler, just really odd! VW2016 behaves beautifully on this set up.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As of that dxdiag report your machine is only using the Intel card for both displays, it shows the Nvidia card inactive. Did you happen to set up custom Nvidia control panel rules for 2016 to force use of the dedicated card? It might need to be done manually for Vectorworks 2017 as well.

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1160/Multiple+Display+Adapters+-+Nvidia+Control+Panel+(Windows+Only)

@lrucker You are better off starting a new thread if you are having a problem then adding a post to a thread that was last update 8 years ago.

VW does not handle. switching between different monitor setups very gracefully.

Make a new thread with a better description of what you are trying to do and what you are seeing. I can't tell if you are talking about palettes/workspaces or which. monitors the menu bars are on.

• Like 1