Sign in to follow this  
Christian Fekete

MODEL DISAPPEARS IN OPENGL

Unified view used to kill me all the time.  Never really understood it and sometimes it switches off without me knowing.  Tried explaining it to a new VWX user the other day - gave up very quickly!

I keep all my design layers at 1:1 scale so don't really need it (I don't think)

Edited by Andrew Davies

Try double clicking on the Unified View button to see the options.

By default, turning Unified View off will allow you to see layers that are in scales different from the active layer.  If you leave that set and you only work in 2D and all layers are the same scale, then Unified View doesn't matter.

The real benefit of turning it on is that when you switch to a new view (Like Top/Plan to Right Iso) it changes all of the design layers to that view.  

If Unified View is off and you switch views only the active layer switches to the new view.

And you can set it to either show screen plane objects in 3d or not show them.  Super helpful.

There is a default keyboard short cut for it.  Command-Option-L or Control-Alt-L.  On a Mac, this is close to the connect/combine shortcut.  That may be why you're accidentally turning it off.

mk