Tom Klaber

3D Door and Window Tags On Both Sides

Question

We need to have the option to show the 3D tags on both sides.  Now that I am experimenting with the interior elevation tool - I want the door tag on the door every time it shows up in an elevation.  Right now it only shows up if the elevation is on the outside of the door. 

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

If the door had a glass panel, wouldn't you then see the label on both sides in an isometric or any perspective view? Is a better fix to be able to choose which side manually, or have viewports in right/left/front/rear detect which face theyre "looking at" and flip the label on for that side?

Just now, JimW said:

If the door had a glass panel, wouldn't you then see the label on both sides in an isometric or any perspective view? Is a better fix to be able to choose which side manually, or have viewports in right/left/front/rear detect which face theyre "looking at" and flip the label on for that side?

Changing the design to make all doors glass while clever will probably not fly wit the client.

Really I want the door tag to show up in interior elevations.  So having it on both sides seemed like the obvious solution - but if there could be some nifty auto-detect - that would be just as good.  

Oh no, I meant if the door already had a glass middle pane, youd sort of see a double ID tag, one on the front and one on the back that would be undesireable. I didn't mean to suggest making it glass so that you could see the ID through it, apologies.

Ha.  I get it.  I guess that could be an issue.  I picture that most of our interior elevations will be hidden line which treats glass as solid -  so maybe not a huge issue - but your solution is better.

Any news on this? 

In fact, being able to manually control on which side (or both) the tag shows would be very useful.

• Like 1

I've arrived three years late to this conversation.  Any news on this issue?