Sign in to follow this  
Alan Woodwell

Starting out Videos

Hi,

though is was time to start a few videos for those starting out.

The first one hopefully helps you understand vertex's and manipulating then and finally creating an adjustable handrail.

Apologies for the unprofessional dialogue but hopefully will get better.

HTH

Hi, re-did this video as it may have not been very clear last time, Hope this makes it a bit clearer.

See at

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Attached is a file showing how to use the sweep node.

The second file shows how to push the node to create a spring.

Video will be available at;

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Hi,

Attached is a file which shows yo how simply you can create a Spindle

Video available at :

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Didn't find the Thread again but I love your "Create Building from Polygon"

Marionette Work and Video.

Exactly. Thanks Marissa.

Put it into my watch list now.

[OT]Any news from the image based geometry creation side ? New Cat Reliefs ?[/OT]

I haven't had much time to play with it recently... Testing new features is top priority in-house!

But here's a sneak peek at where things have gone (and will continue to be going)

This set of extrusions is created from an image that exists in VW. Originally, I was just querying images externally, so I'd have to use the path to the image on the disk. Now if the image is already existing on your drawing area, the script will be able to export it out, query it, and then bring the data back in. It's been upgraded to be cross-platform (I'm primarily a Windows user), the usability is easiest in 2017, which again is why I'm not sharing quite yet.

Once we get closer to release and more of the new tasks are signed off as completed, I hope to have more time to improve on it.

(also, this will NOT be limited to just creating reliefs/extrusions/etc. The possibilities will be ever expanding with it.)

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=16286&filename=ImgProcVW.JPG

Edited by MarissaF

Nice.

So you could also place Skyscrapers where pixels are white, smaller buildings for gray, ....

Sure!

Or you could set it up to do different heights for different colors. I'm working with grayscale only because I like the idea of querying the brightness of the pixels rather than the colors. It's perfectly acceptable to assign a height to a color rather than a brightness.

Edited by MarissaF

Or plant flowers if yellow, tress if green, ponds if blue and stone paths if black ...