Site Model Section Viewport Graphic Attributes

I have a site model which I have cut a sectional viewport through the middle.

Have assigned the site model to a class.

Have ensured that the attributes are set to class attributes.

Have gone through the graphic attributes tab in the site model settings and applied every colour of the rainbow to the different elements of the site and also changed the colour of the site class, however in section the ground line still shows as black.

Also have unticked the option that applies section-style to objects in VP.

Have also made sure the Black and White only option is not selected under Display settings.

Where am I going wrong... someone please help.

Edited by Josh NZ

Have just gone into Advanced properties>Attributes>section plane and ticked "merge cross sections & create structural and nonstructural groups", was then able to change the nonstructural class to site-model. This showed the site section as dashed and grey as I had hoped. The only downside is that the joinery and other objects now show as the same.

Have tried several other combinations including ticking "separate cross sections" then ticking "use attributes of original objects", it even says in the dialog that it will use the setting of the original object, which is great... but still shows as black and solid.

Have gone through all the dashed line settings and open GL, renderworks, custom etc, still no luck.

In all other viewports, say elevations, plans etc all I would do is do a class override if I wanted to change the colour or linetype, am I missing something with the section viewports? It seems like I should just be able to do a class override on the site model or even the walls for that matter and that should work.

Im not trying to show the cross section in any top end kind of presentation just a simple line drawing with no depth.

Hi Alan.

I have attached a VW file with only a site model and wall.

Have also attached a couple of images showing the graphic attributes of the site model.

In the VW file on the cross section VP I have done a couple of class overrides. You will be able to see the wall appears as required, however the site still shows as black even thou (from what I can see) all setting are set to pink, blue, yellow etc.

Thanks in advance for any time taken to look at this.

As a another workaround, the merged cross section with structural / non-structural groups achieves 99% what I am after. You can see in the image the joinery shows the same as the site as im guessing there is some setting that make site model and joinery "non-structural". How would I designate the joinery as also being structural?

Can anyone think of another way to get the site model to show as a black dashed line without affecting the graphic attributes of the other objects and without pasting VPs on top of each other?

I find it strange that this simple command is not working as the site model is shown on many plans and you need to be able to change the appearance depending on which sheet. I could understand if I have maybe not assigned the correct class or had any one of the setting not by class, but as you can see from the earlier screenshots I think I have covered all of those.

Hi Jonathon

Yeah I have double checked the Graphic Properties Settings.

If I change the class settings of say "site-contours" or ", these changes are reflected in this properties setting window.

Strangely if I view the model in wireframe, the mesh shows as the colour requested, but in any other setting it just reverts to solid black.

Have attached a PDF showing all the combinations i have tried. The 3Ds seem to work but in section always shows as black