Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
ChadL

Texture Size

I am trying to change the size of an existing texture, so when it is applied to my surface, it is sized to the surface. I used the 'set texture' node, and connected that to the texture input on the 'set texture size' node. For the size I used a 'dim' node. This seems to have no affect the size of the texture when running the script.

I am starting to think that the 'set texture size' node is only for when you create a texture, not for using an existing one. What would be the method of changing the size for an existing texture?

Thanks,

Is there a work around for this? Or is there a python script that will do this? I do not know python or VS, so any help would be great.

Thank.

Hi, do you get any solutions for these? I’m having the same problem (control the size and rotation of an texture). 

You have found any additional nodes help in the last Vectorworks versions ? 

@Stephan Moenninghoff Tank you very much for your fast reply.

Looking at your BOX object, I identify that the NODE that control the texture is the "SET TEXTURE MAP". 

I do not know if there is any documatantion explaining how this node work?

What I need is to control offsetX, offsetY, scale2D, rotate. This will enter in the iSelector input. Do you know how this data should be input? There are several value that will enter in the same input!?

How should be done?

Thank you very much for your support/ help.

728403507_ScreenShot2018-12-04at15_01_24.thumb.png.21b052a65e8b2ba5e75fcd59f2806cc7.png

@Stephan Moenninghoff I believe I understand how this node Work.

If for instance I want to rotate the Texture 90 degrees I should introduce in the SET TEXTURE MAP

hObj - Object to control

Type: Bolean

iSelector - 4 (rotate2D)

itemValue - 90

If I want to OffsetX  the texture 15 meters, I should introduce a second SET TEXTURE MAP node with

hObj - Object to control

Type: Bolean

iSelector - 1 (OffsetX)

itemValue - 15 (meters)

Please confirm if is this?

1 minute ago, Nuno Antunes said:

Please confirm if is this?

Think so. It's been a while. I had a quick look inside the wrapper and it looks like this:

Feed the values in according to the node description. You may have to string several of these together.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-04 um 16.21.45.png

This node only affect the Mapping of the Object, not the entire texture of the file, correct.

I'm asking this because my objective is to correctly apply wood texture on a furniture (several pieces), and on this I will have wood veins in several different directions (using always the same wood texture).

Once again, thank you for your help.