VAA Titleblock Project Specific info vs Sheet Specific info

Hi there

I have used a VAA Titleblock to create a custom title block.

All working fine, however I have noticed when I update the Client name address etc it changes on all sheets, but when I update the "other 1, 2, 3, 4" sections and also the revisions it is only making that change to each titleblock. With 27 sheets done want to copy and paste each time...

Have ticked "accept project info from other TBS" but other than that I am lost.

Edited by Creative Space NZ

'Copy this Info' and 'Accept project info' is only for the project info tab.

If changing via the pop up it will only change that particular title block. If you want to do a mass change there is the 'VAA Revise issue Print' option (under File) which allows you to do batch revisions, issues and changes to the drawing stamps.

There is also the option to create a worksheet that pulls the info from the Title block, and then you can edit that direct from the spreadsheet and it makes copy/paste a lot quicker.

Tools > Create Report > Select VAA Tittle Block > Select relevant columns.

Sometimes i find it easier to just Add all then delete in the worksheet, that what you can see what the info it is going to pull and if it is relevant or not.

HTH

Great thanks for your help Ian.

Will have a play around.

I did see somewhere that the record format if preceded by a P_ or S_ can be used to make sheet or project changes, but unable to edit the record for this VAA object.

The methods above will work for now thou.

Thanks again.

One other thing, in the the title block I have revisions A, B, C, D and E all with different dates. I can see that there is a percentage that you can change to alter the space between these lines. My problem is that Line B is say 1 space above A, line C is 2 spaces above B and D is like 5 spaces above C. The gap gets exponentially larger. No matter what the percentage is set to the gaps area always all different

One other thing, in the the title block I have revisions A, B, C, D and E all with different dates. I can see that there is a percentage that you can change to alter the space between these lines. My problem is that Line B is say 1 space above A, line C is 2 spaces above B and D is like 5 spaces above C. The gap gets exponentially larger. No matter what the percentage is set to the gaps area always all different

The P_ & S_ i think this relates to the VW Titleblock, rather than the VAA by OzCad - not sure that they would do anything to the VAA TB, I may be mistaken but haven't come across it.

The revision spacing works OK for me, could be a bug or maybe the way the symbol is set up. If you want upload a file with just the offending title block and I'd be happy to take a look and see if i can find anything wrong.

Think i may of found your issue. You need to add :rNote into the mix somewhere and it should correct the problem. My suggestion would be to duplicate :rDate, change it to :rNote, make it white text and super small, send to back and give a fill to :rDate. Since your revisions are going up i would set the alignment to bottom, select all 3 and then align them all to the bottom so that the spacing works.

As a house keeping issue with the title block i'd also make all non title block data in a single group as I think that is how it likes it.

Have attached the one I was playing with so you can see.

Edited by Itchy

If I want to make a similar title block I would have assumed I could have duplicated the TB symbol in the resource browser, then make changes to the symbol, then in one of the title blocks click on "choose base symbol" and select the other symbol. However when I click on "choose base symbol" only the original VAA title blocks are showing. I did see an earlier post regarding making changes to the default library files however these seem to be write protected. I have ensured all folders, subfolders and files are not protected but still cant access.

Do you have any advise?

To get your symbol to the template file you right click on the symbol in the Resourse browser and export, then navigate to the relevant folder and this is the only way to get it in there as I understand.

Best to set up you personal templates in either a user file or workgroup file, that way you don't lose them when an update of vectorworks happens.

HTH

Thanks Alan

That makes sense, I have just tried to export to the standard library and each time VW crashes. Have VW installed in the default location. I also created my own library and exported the symbol to this library. When I go to "choose base symbol" only the original symbols are still showing. Think I must be missing something.

I have also tried closing down VW and checked not still running in task manager. Have tried opening the VAA titleblock resource but get the message that the file is in a read only state. Have check the properties and also the properties of all sub folders and read only is not ticked. Have tried the same process on a colleagues computer and get the same results.

Hi.

I have my custom TBlocks in the workgroup folder as i use them for work.

I ignore the program files, you can move them or delete them if you never need them and they wont show.

So when I go VAA title block or sketch border and place a border on my drawing I them get to choose one of my title blocks. I only see mine.

Location is as follows, you need to duplicate the folder and file tree exactly otherwise the program will ignore your tb folder.

HTH

My Path to Workgroup folders and Sheet borders VAA similar location

D:\Vectorworks\Vectorworks 2016\Workgroup Folder\Vectorworks2016\Libraries\Defaults\Sheet Border - Title Blocks

Edited by Alan Woodwell