Export as PDF with editable text?

A Published pdf from VW2016 has text that is editable in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

A pdf created using the Mac Print to PDF function has text that is not editable.

I don't think Word has the capability to edit PDF documents, so you are not going to be able to edit the text in the PDF in Word no mater what the source of the PDF.

How often is this going to change and how much text is there? If there are only a few text blocks that won't move around, you could import the PDF into Word and then then create Text Blocks in Word to cover the text from VW. Those would then be editable.

Thanks Pat. I was able to get the PDF editable text using you directions. The text will be changed every time they use the template, but theres not much text.

My problem is I'm trying to create a template for others who all use different graphic creation apps. I've come to the same conclusion that you imply; I give them the page elements, tell them the layout, and let them make their own template using their app. I see no other universal solution.

Bruce,

If the graphic applications of the others can import dwg files you may want to export your template as dwg file (or dxf).

It should work well enough for Illustrator, CorelDRAW and a quite few other vector-graphics programs (Serif, Xara etc.) if you use standard fonts like Arial. You may want to check the latest dwg/dxf version they can import and export to that version or the lowest common denominator.

That way you still have some control over the layout of the template.