Set tag shoulder length

yasin2ray

I know how to set a tag to have a shoulder line however, I do not see any place to set the length of the shoulder. I am adding tags to several hundred existing tree symbols. When I turn on the tag shoulder line option, the shoulder line displays and it is often much too long (ridiculously long).

Is there a master setting somewhere so that I can change all the trees at once to have a reasonable tag shoulder length?

By the way, solving this today would be a great birthday present!

Thanks,

Anna

I use Architect, not Landmark, so I can't be certain this will work on Plant Tags, but from what it says in the help file, Modify > Align > Align/Distribute Leader Lines with 'Move shoulder points' horizontal alignment might be able to help align groups of plant tags' shoulder points at once. Depending on how your tags are laid out on the page, you may have to do them in batches (left-side, right-side, etc.)

Aligning and Distributing Leader Lines : Vw2016 online help

But it does seem like there should be a setting for 'Shoulder Length' in the Plant Tag.

HTH.

Thanks Tim,

I tried that - two issues:

1. It doesn't allow me to set the beginning and ending of the shoulder line, so it simply won't do what I need.

2. Even if it did, that tool is meant to be done is small groups and that would take too much time. I have more than 2,000 plants on this project.

It looks like this is a function that needs to be added.

anna

Anna,

Based on Tim's link to the older post, you could try the suggestion and then do a search/replace of the plant symbols to see if this solves your issue.

Whether this is a viable option or not probably depends on the number of different plant symbols you have used.

- - Tim and Art:

I never changed the origin in the first place, but I went ahead and tried it. I got the same results as the person from the 2004 post - nothing changed. I tried placing a new existing tree symbol, and that one had a rather long shoulder line.

- - Art:

What do you mean by "search/replace"? How do I do it and what am I looking for? Are you saying this will show me each plant and I can see if each one changed and if any remain unchanged? Sorry, I just didn't understand.

It looks like I'll be sending in a Wish List request.

Anna

- - Art:

What do you mean by "search/replace"? How do I do it and what am I looking for? Are you saying this will show me each plant and I can see if each one changed and if any remain unchanged? Sorry, I just didn't understand.

It looks like I'll be sending in a Wish List request.

Anna

Anna,

Use the magic wand selection to select all instances of a symbol and then us the replace symbol option in the object info palette to replace/reinsert the symbol, this may cause all different shoulder lines to be (re)set to the same length. I've never used this for trees so this is a bit of a guess that may or may not work.

Art,

I understand now. I tried that on my trees and it is not doing anything. Perhaps it would work if I was placing proposed trees, but the Existing Tree tool is a little different.

I tried re-selecting all my 2D settings for existing trees (in place of re-inserting a proposed tree's symbol), and the shoulder line was not updated or changed in any way.

Anna