Wingdings not showing

Interesting.

Create Wingdings characters in another ap and paste them into a VWX text box. The characters present as Wingdings and the OIP shows selected text and enclosing text box as Wingdings.

But place an insertion bar in the midst of the pasted wingdings and key in some text characters - the new characters display as "normal" letters document default font although the OIP indicates Wingdings.

-B

I do remember there having been an issue with opentype fonts in the past not being properly recognised/usable if they are of the PostScript flavour (.otf) instead of TrueType flavour (.ttf).

If I understood correctly Mac originated opentype fonts tend to be of the PostScript flavour more often than Windows originating opentype fonts.

Even then, if your Wingdings font is a relatively old one it may have some glitches with some software so you may want to try to find a more recent (legal) copy of the font to see if that makes a difference.

Though it could be there is a (returned or new?) bug in Vectorworks 2015 handling of opentype fonts that only shows in some versions of some fonts.

PS Wingdings seems to work fine on my Windows version of VW2015

Edited by Art V