messed up custom door leaves

michaelk

Michael,

It's got something to do with the Generic Solid within Symbol 'Leaf Decorative 15A'. It's super weird though.

If you enter that symbol and replace the solid with anything else the door renders correctly. But I can't seem to analyse the solid, nor break it down into anything else.

I did notice that if you draw a rectangle the same size as the door and extrude it to the same height, then intersect solids between the Generic Solid and the new Rectangular Prism when you exit the symbol the extra pieces will be gone.

Like buggery I know why.

J

The door knobs can be fixed by moving the door knobs off their origin on in the symbol.

My understanding has always been that custom door leaves MUST be generic solids.

I know that if you have a custom door that has an inside face different from the outside face, that in a bi part swing you will get face A on the right and face B on the left.

I wonder if asymmetry is the issue…

mk

Yep. Asymmetry.

The slats in the door were angled and therefore the door was not symmetric about the x axis.

Making the slats go horizontal (and therefore symmetric across the x axis) fixed it.

If only that's what I wanted the doors to look like :)

mk

Edit: Jim, I know you probably have other things to do this week :) but is this a known issue? Should I submit it as a bug? Or maybe it will be a moot point soon…

Edited by michaelk