Window Schedule

1st schedule in VW.

Have a min. amount of information needed for the schedule.

But what is the first line of schedule for and how to eliminate it as it is confusing.

Oh, and is it possible to move the tags in plan view? To avoid lapping a partial open door.

Edited by jmartinarch

jmartinarch-

Yes, the Door tag can be moved in Plan view. I'm away from my computer so this is from memory- but click and hold on the center of the tag, and while still holding the mouse button down drag the tag to where you want it. Release the mouse button.

It's sometimes hard to find the right spot without moving the door itself so it might take a few tries to get it right. Also be careful not to pull the door out of the wall itself.

Okay got it. Now the schedule itself I see is not 'live'. I placed a few windows, then out of curiosity generated a schedule. It populated but new additions do not. How do you regenerate the schedule or should you wait until all doors and windows are placed then generate the respective schedules?

To regenerate the schedule, inside the Worksheet menu go File > Recalculate

or

from the context menu of the worksheet image (on the drawing): right-click (Windows) or Ctrl-click (Mac) on the worksheet, and select Recalculate.

You do not need to wait until all doors / windows are placed to create schedules.

Thanks, that works.

Now, in the case where I have multiple windows that are identical I gave them the same number. The schedule lists each separately. Can they be grouped and quantified? For fewer lines on the schedule, and ease for guys in field. Or should I change practice and give each a separate number?

I think of them as the SUM and Sort tiles even though they look like buttons.

Select a row in the database then DRAG the SUM tile to the Column Header (A, B, etc.) You should now have a single row for each unique value in the column you SUM'd.

You can use multiple SUMs.

If you need to know how many objects are SUM's, add another column and put a formal of =COUNT in the database header row.