Texturing "slices" of a section of a cylinder

Hello.

Could really do with some help with a project I''m working on.

I need to draw a cross through the top of a cylinder then give two opposite sections of the 4 created sections a texture.

It would look like a piece of battenberg cake that was cut into a circle.

Alternatively, how do you draw a 2x2x2 rubiks cube?

I can draw the cylinder of course but I have no idea how to section a 3d object then add textures to the sections.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I would make pieces and put textures on them and make the cake the way it is actually made. Haven't made one but i presume you cut up 2 different coloured cakes and put together in a pattern.

So i made pieces and put them together.

Others may have other ideas but its a start.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Thanks very much.

Unfortunately, just to make things more awkward I need to do this to an already existing object.

Imagine this a 3D object but I want each section/seat to have a different texture.

http://www.sustainable-furniture.co.uk/teak-tree-bench-round-tree-seat-3-2m?gclid=CM2xjsHhyMUCFa3MtAodICkAXw

I thought if I could learn how to give different sections of a cylinder different textures I could learn how to do it.

@McGraw - will this work?

Draw the cylinder as an extrude of a circle.

Or if you need something like the bench in the link, draw a ring (clip surface an inner circle from an outer one) and extrude the ring or series of rings. You may have to edit the extrudes to close the source polygons.

In Top/Plan or Top view use the Split tool in Line Split mode (the middle one) to "cut" the extrude once on the x axis and again on the y axis. This creates 4 Solid Sections. Each of these can have its own color, texture or other attribute.

Or draw the 2d circles or rings and Split. Extrude the split polys. Texture as nec.

Post back if you can't make this work.

@Allen - Nice cake!

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=12300&filename=CylinderSections.png

Edited by Benson Shaw