Door Eye Dropper - Everything but Schedule Number

Tom Klaber

Question

For doors and windows it would be great if you could use the eye dropper tool to copy all attributes of a door or window EXCEPT the Schedule ID Label, ID Prefix, and ID Suffix. Sometimes we will need to change the look / size of a bunch of doors but do not want the ID information to change.

Thanks!

Tom

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

+1!!!

It would be great if the eyedropper would work something like:

1. Select an object

2. Select the eyedropper tool

3. In the preferences for the eyedropper tool there is an option to pick up attributes of the selected object with all the attributes listed with checkboxes.

For a parametric object you could pick up one, several or all of the parameters and for any object you could pick up graphic attributes, length, width, x/y/z position, rotation, or field values for any attached record formats.

This would also be helpful with sheet layer viewports. Often I want to pick up just one of the lighting options, or just the depth of a section, etc...

mk

• Like 1

Along with this - it would be great to be able to drop styles - specifically wall styles from one wall to another. Many people I work with like the idea of wall styles but end up deciding to use unstyled walls because they are easier to change. They can use the eyedropper to copy attribute from one unstyled wall to another - but you can not do that with styled walls with components - which makes styled walls just cumbersome enough to use that many people opt not to use it at all.

I'd love to see two things with doors and window:

1. I'd love to have something like Spotlight's label legend manager work on doors and windows (and all objects with a record attached). So door and window legends can be customized to local standards.

2. I'd love to see Spotlight's number command work on doors, windows, or any object with a record attached.

In exchange, give Spotlight wall styles. :)

mk