Community board hiccup?

That's good.

(The unread icons got lost again since yesterday anyway)

But the old forum worked for me perfectly for about 6 weeks now, strange.

And somedays ago, when the posting lag came back I found that

safari was blocked for any site to open site until the Forum reloaded.

So maybe it is just a Safari issue (?)

For the new forum system, it would be nice if there would be only

one notification for new answers, until we read the thread.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

And somedays ago, when the posting lag came back I found that

safari was blocked for any site to open site until the Forum reloaded.

So maybe it is just a Safari issue (?)

I haven't been able to track down a source of the problem at all, any browser, random times day and night. At this point I am considering an exorcism.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
We have not been able to lock it down to a specific cause. The discussions have moved more towards a replacement, but no official word yet. Pushing for a superior forum/kbase solution.

One thing I woukd like to see in any new forum software is the ability to be logged in on more than one device.

Now when I go to answer a post I have to log in on my phone or iPad and that logs me out from my Mac.

I do have saved passwords, so it is pretty easy, but you end up two screens past the post you were trying to comment on.

It might also be acceptable if after the login it returned you to the page you pushed the login button on in a logged in state.

I don't think I am explaining this really well. If it doesn't make sense let me know and I will try again.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thats relatively standard on all modern forum solutions, if nothing else it includes an option for an account to be logged in from more than one IP/device at a time.

So far on all the replacement software research I've done, thats a standard option, with a secondary benefit of designed-for-mobile UI options that make using the forums on a mobile device much easier. Most likely it will be included in any option we go with, but I'll make sure its kept in mind though during the upgrade talks.

• 2 months later...