Formatting Schedule borders does not respond?

I figured it out, but I think there is a bug. Usually in spreadsheet programs when you select a range of rows and columns the "inside" lines are the inside of the selection and the "outside" of the selection. But the way it's working in VW now is lets say chose a range of rows and columns, the set the "inside" lines to red but only the verticals of the selection will be red once you exit the format cells dialogue box. To correct you have to also change to top and bottom horizontal line to correct.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I see it now. If i just create a completely blank worksheet, then try to change either individual cells or a range of cells it behaves as you describe the desired way is, and as I would expect.

If I pick a cell or multiple cells that are database rows however, it wants to apply that formatting to all cells under that particular column.

I know the database header row cells are supposed to push their formatting to all database rows beneath them, but I do not think it is supposed to push formatting from one individual cell in that column to the rest of the column. I'll submit this.

Jim

I think it IS supposed to push the formatting of any cell in a database to the entire database column.

All formats (font, text size, text format, alignment, background, etc.) behave this way.

If it allowed one cell in the database column to be formatted differently, what would the expected behavior be when a sum or sort is applied? Or if the object referenced were duplicated or deleted?

mk

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am checking now to verify that that is the case, I think you're right.

However (wish-wise) I'd want the formatting to be pushed if I modified the formatting of the database header row cell, but if an individual cell within that column was modified, I'd want it to override the previous formatting.

I think this will be more of a feature request than an issue to be patched.

There is no way of telling WHY a certain cell might be highlighted, an no way to KNOW if a change in the drawing will result in a change to the data that would require that cell to move.

Allowing custom formatting of a cell (or even a row) in a database is a bad idea and will result in a huge number of frustrations and calls to tech support.