Additional Publish features

grant_PD

Question

Please add previous vwx versions to the publish feature. I often have to "publish" dwg, pdf, and last years version of the vwx file to various vendors. Having to do this as a separate command is not an efficient workflow.

I would also like the ability, when publishing a vwx file, to strip out of the file certain resources that are proprietary. Things like this would include:

textures, symbols (included/not include. For instance, the file could be stripped of furniture symbols of my choosing).

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Submitted Batch Export/Publish to previous Vectorworks versions as its own request.

Submitting a wish for the ability to either strip on export or lock/watermark specific resources as a separate item.

As to how the UI for usch a thing should be handled... If it goes the direction of watermarking certain resources, I would think a right-clickable contextual menu item per-resource in the resource browser would make the most sense for marking specific items.

When it comes to excluding certain classes/layers, I think that would be better placed in the Organization dialogue (or Navigation palette) so that classes, design layers and sheet layers could be flagged individually as "Protected" or something similar.