Brick hatch vertical on column

Christiaan

• 4 months later...

I am not sure if you are using the same method I used to get to that stage. I just extrude the square into column, if I assigned brick texture in a class and applied to the column, the texture is right on (horizontal). If I used bitmap hatching then I can rotate the pattern in whichever way I want with the attribute mapping tool. Why wouldn't you want to rotate the texture to make it right? However, if the former is the case, my guess is your map type set to sphere, or your rotation is 90 degree. You can change these settings in Render Tab of OIP.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
I am not sure if you are using the same method I used to get to that stage. I just extrude the square into column, if I assigned brick texture in a class and applied to the column, the texture is right on (horizontal). If I used bitmap hatching then I can rotate the pattern in whichever way I want with the attribute mapping tool. Why wouldn't you want to rotate the texture to make it right? However, if the former is the case, my guess is your map type set to sphere, or your rotation is 90 degree. You can change these settings in Render Tab of OIP.

I think this is a Column plugin object that has its own texture mapping defaults, not just an extrude. He would have to ungroup it and lose its parametric properties to correct the problem on that one column and any other columns he inserts. Which would be annoying.

If he modifies the texture itself, it would then be wrong on all the walls it is used in in the rest of the file. Its possible to duplicate the texture and have two versions of it rotated at 90 relative to each other, but that's not ideal either.

Not sure how they will address it, as currently wood textures appear aligned properly on columns, but brick textures do not. Either way, submitting it now. (I recommend you do so as well though, Christiaan.)

• 9 years later...