9.5.3 issues

i have been experiencing the same problem. i have all the current updates for both vectorworks 9.5.3 and jaguar but its still crashing like crazy for ordinary tasks like dragging a line or moving an object. this is on a brand new emac and with clean installs of all programs. does anybody have any solutions?

I have the same problems with VW Architect 9.5.3 (final) and Mac OS X 10.2.1 on an iMac DV 400 with 768 mb of ram. VW crashes because of very small things, like moving a symbol, inserting a window in a wall or purging unused objects. The program runs well, and fast, but crashes unexpectedly. Some days nothing happens and others I got many crashes.

Printing is VERY slow and under Mac OS X I can't print custom paper sizes in my Epson Stylus Color 777, it just prints the equivalent to a letter page, although a large page appears in page setup and in the screen. And in OS 9 I'm able to print custom sizes, but at an amazingly slow speed.

I'd like to upgrade to VW 10 but if things remain this way, I think I won't.

This is all good to hear. My latest issue has been with plotting to our 800PS. I can get one or two into the queue, but any more than that things grind to a halt. So I have to sit at the computer and watch Print Center and make sure there are no more than two queued up. What a pain.

My crashing is very similar. I remember back in late MC7 or early VW 8, there was a similar type of crash. They typically occur on the small stuff, like a symbol insert or reposition, or moving and object. It is very frustrating.

I am waiting for a bit to go to VW10. It seems to have a lot of nice features, but am a little pessimistic right now. Jaguar works pretty darn good, so Apple should not do anything to screw NNA up, So I am keeping my fingers crossed.