Massing Model-Flat roof

Kizza

Dworks, I edited the profile of the massing model, deleted the pitched roof, redrew the flat roof as a roof face, set the angle and direction of slope, exited profile. I have a flat roof but no slope.

Maybe I am missing something, but when I draw a rectangle and use AEC > Roof Face, set slope to 5 degrees with a thickness, and set slope direction it shows a sloped roof.

Kizza may want a flat (level) bottom on the roof?

How about DWorks suggestion? Maybe create an extrude or solid subtraction if needed in the roof container?

Albeit a rather inflexible VectorWorksAround.....

Edited by bc
Dworks, I edited the profile of the massing model, deleted the pitched roof, redrew the flat roof as a roof face, set the angle and direction of slope, exited profile. I have a flat roof but no slope.

Maybe I am missing something, but when I draw a rectangle and use AEC > Roof Face, set slope to 5 degrees with a thickness, and set slope direction it shows a sloped roof.

Taoist, are you doing this within the Massing Model Edit mode?

If so, what version of VW? (i use VW2012)

Kizza may want a flat (level) bottom on the roof?

How about DWorks suggestion? Maybe create an extrude or solid subtraction if needed in the roof container?

Because this is a massing model, all I really want to show is the building's bulk and show a flat roof with a pitch, that's it.

Whilst I can easily model this, I'm trying to see if the massing tool can do it, which it should. My massing model is literally a box (8x5m) with a 5 degree flat roof - I mean, they don't come any easier than that.

So, with the appalling lack of documentation on creating massing models from Nemetschek, I'm trying to determine whether is it me or is it another broken tool.

Need to know before I visit the wishlist again ;)

Taoist, are you doing this within the Massing Model Edit mode?

If so, what version of VW? (i use VW2012)

Sorry, I did not use the Massing Model Edit Mode.

Will try that.

I created a simple square for building shape.

Edit Roof to 0 thick & 0 overhang.

Drew square and used roof face tool, 5 degree slope.

The roof face tool shows the slope correct.

I noticed that the roof sits on the floor (1 floor in my case).

So I changed the color of the roof for better visibility and repositioned the roof to be at the top of the walls.

Some might say "It's a massing model" well we still need to show the correct roof planes.

As I have never used the massing model before, I find it disturbing that one can't change the roof style as there are no "handles" to the roof planes or any style options in the OIP. All one gets is the Hip Roof Default.

AEC > Fit Walls to Object won't work as massing model is a cube?

Would need to use Reshape tool I guess as I have not tried it yet.

We should not have to Edit, Create or a work around to do this.

Kizza, I feel your pain.

Edited by taoist

The best I can do with the Massing Model before I have to edit it. And I can't get the walls to follow the roof with the Fit Walls to roof command.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9372&filename=Screen%20Shot%202013-08-05%20at%208.06.40%20PM.jpg

What do you think ladies and gents, is this acceptable?

Edited by Kizza