Renderworks camera

When using the renderworks camera I will place these on a drawing, fine tune them and then create a viewport. Once the viewport is created the location of the camera position is removed from the drawing (top plan). Is there any way the view location can be maintained even once these are used in a viewport? Section views location stay on the drawing but not camera views.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When you create a Renderworks Camera and then create a Viewport, you are given the choice of whether you want the camera embedded in the viewport or not. If you don't see this question, it's because you checked the box to stop asking the question.

However, you can still manage your camera from the viewport. Just double-click on the Viewport, choose Edit Camera and click OK. You can then adjust the camera and click Return to Viewport when done.

Hope that helps

Thanks Tamsin.

The main reason for keeping it in place is for reference purposes. If I want to shift the view its handy knowing were it is. If I select to embed the camera do I lose site of it on the drawing, or is it visa versa?

Is there anyway of undoing 'check the box to stop asking..."

• 1 month later...
Is there anyway of undoing 'check the box to stop asking..."

It's kind of broad brush, but you can restore all the "Always do . . ." check boxes in the VW Prefs>Session tab> to default. Hovering over the Reset Saved Settings button of pref dialog reveals what gets restored when the button is clicked.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9027&filename=Prefs.png