New Checker & Squares textures?

Benson Shaw

Investigating some textures in another thread, I was reminded of the Checkers and Squares shaders in textures which were included in earlier versions of Vectorworks - the ones with Lightworks render engine - I think the switch was v2010?

Anyway, the closest I can find in the new versions is the tile color shader - but the fuzzy grout lines make it quite different from the Checker. I can make my own, but just wondering if there are existing checker or square texture equivalents in the new versions.

-B

Thanks, Tamsin

Must have been pilot error during my tests with the square tile settings. I had the bevel unchecked assuming that would defeat any bevel. But apparently the default bevel value still applied. Also, I set grout width to 0, but it retained a wide band anyway. I tried again with bevel checked and set to 0. It's all working now - no bevel, no grout.

Another question for texture wizards:

Does Vectorworks provide a way to make this kind of PIO texture from user generated images or textures? I have a bunch of perf metal textures which would be easier to use as a single texture with user input for the various ratios of hole size and pitch.

-B