panel breaks on wall

Can you create a wall component the depth of your panels and then create a wall recess for the seams? This is assuming the design is a series of flat panels with a Fry Reglet-like reveal. Is the surface area of the wall still available with this method?

I've used a similar approach in more traditional recessed and wood trim wall panel details. This method would give you pretty good up close detail in 3D.

If the up close detail isn't required and your panel grid can be made with a repetitive 2d hatch then the extract surface method might be easier.

Joe

Hi,

These are what I meant by panel breaks (please see attached screen shots)

The breaks were shown in hidden line rendering because they were actual extruded boxes placed next to each other (Not a fill texture). The problem is that when I have to re-size the panels, I have to re-size all of them and re-arrange them. This is very cumbersome so I was thinking of a way to use the Wall parametric feature to achieve the same look while being able to control and edit the size of the wall, as well as the panels making up the wall. (Similar to Window Wall tool for the lack of example). Window Wall gives you more flexibility to control the mullion, glass glazing, etc...where as the Wall tool does not.

Thanks,

I created this wall using WindowWall tool as a work around solution. I used mullion as panel break. It works pretty well I think! It would be nice if I could rotate mullions at a specific angle.

But I am still not satisfy because I can't use Constrain on Window Walls. I don't know why it only work for 2D and Walls. Constrain is a powerful tool and I don't think it can be used to its full potential yet.

Edited by zuken86