Deleting Rows from Reports?

Sound like you are trying to delete rows of a database.

The database rows are tied to objects in the drawing. If you want to delete a row you need to either:

1. Delete the object being reported.

or

2. Change the criteria for the database to not include that object.

If you need to find a particular object, right click on the row header (it will be number with a decimal i.e., 4.xx) then left click on "select object" (it will be the only possibility).

As if by magic the drawing will go to the design layer containing that object, zoom to put it in the center of the drawing window and select it.

Delete the object. Update the schedule. Row is gone.

hth

mk

Thanks for your answer. Is there a way for me to make a report that isn't a database and is just a simple report that I can modify without changing any of my design?

For example. I would like to create a sheet layer that just has trees in an orchard listed and not all the plants in the herb garden and perennial garden. Easy enough to do with the plant tags. I just created a separate tag class for my fruit trees. It doesn't seem to be possible to only create a plant list that includes trees though. This seems a bit absurd.

Edited by Entire Leaves
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is not what your asking but it sounds like you might find it useful,

You can hide the Database rows by unchecking Database Headers on the reports hidden menu

As for reporting on a single plant, I'm not sure but I'll have someone look at it who may know better!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Entire Leaves

We made a movie about this as it's a frequently asked question from our customers!

Take a look at this page and scroll down - there are several movies that will help explain worksheets a bit better for you, but two in particular that relate to limiting a worksheet to only look at certain plants, or order them by certain criteria.

http://www.vectorworks-training.co.uk/Buy_Vectorworks/Training_for_Design_Vectorworks_Training_Gifts.aspx

Hope they help!