Please help explain how to use this forum

I am total VW noob, but not a forum noob. All my other registered forums have an option for notification when a topic is updated and also have a colored icon that shows a status change of topics i have posted to in "my stuff". I can not seem to find such an option here. can anyone help please?

I'm afraid it's a limitation of the software VW has been using for many years. It appears to have become "abandonware".

I have no direct knowledge of all the gory details (and moving 10+ years of posts to another platform has to be really complicated), but I believe new options are being explored.

Until then the best option is to get notifications of new posts in forums by setting it up in My Stuff > Watched Forums > Edit Watched Forums.

mk

Guest Jim Kelly

Under Topic Options you can add a topic to your "Watch List". Under "My Stuff" you can view your Watch Lists. Make sure you switch the topics view, and not the forums.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the tips. i followed the suggestions Jim made, and I guess thats the best UBB can do. Not ideal for users.

I have consulted on forum updates before and my advice to VW is archive the 10 years make it avaiable on the web and then start a new one that has current standards in place. It just makes more sense to get people the info they need as fast as efficient as possible.