Demolition

How do I demolish a door?? I put it in my Demolition class and changed all the settings I could find (in "2D Visualization" and "Classes") to be "by door class." I finally realized that with Auto Classing on the software makes the stubborn assumption that I don't actually want to move my door to another class. Fine. So I "Ungroup" the door, only to end up with it's host wall reduced to a bunch of lines, and the door still intact! Sure, another round or two and I'm optimistic I can destroy this door, and gain some control over it, but, meanwhile, my wall's no longer a wall. Clearly I'm missing something.

How is demolition done in Vectorworks?...

Thanks for the responses.

Okay, so I can temporarily turn off auto-classing (and when I turn it back on, just say "no" to auto-classing objects that are already in the file).

Then, in the door's Settings > 2D Visualization, de-select "Use Part Line Styles," and for "Visibility Classes" set the Slab & Swing to , and maybe the Lintel to the NonPlot class. (With "Use Part Line Styles" de-selected and the Slab & Swing set to , the door will use the thin dashed lines of my Demolition class).

Seems like a lot of steps, but at least it's doable without actually destroying anything.

Thanks!

Okay, forget the bit about turning auto-classing back on: if the door is subsequently edited, it will jump back into its original door class...