How to render 3D object

Hi there

I am selecting a 3D object I've drawn, then using the resource browser try to activate a texture (say wood) and selecting 'Sphere' not 'perimeter' but when I do fast or final renderworks, its not rendering. In fact my walls render in open GL, but all my furniture remains in wireframe. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? PS is VW 2008 (old I know).

Many thanks

There's no fill option in my OIP. I tried attributes to solid but doesn't change it. Its a symbol I created (a sideboard cabinet) done by extruding and joining all elements as a symbol.

In OIP I just have to open the symbol to an extrude (double clicking) and get the options for sketch, Map type, radius, start/end cap, scale, rotation, update, mapping, override radiosity (all under the render tab).

Hi Pat and Ray, I have to sign off because we're closing the office here in London. I'll check back in the morning - hopefully its something easy to figure out. Haven't rendered in a long time, but have done in the past. Sorry, everyone's kicking me out.......thanks for your help so far.

• 1 month later...

To get more control, edit the symbol and once inside give each part that has a specific texture a specific class ie. Style 1, Style 2 etc. then you can control textures etc. by assigning different textures to different classes ie. Style 1 = wood, Style 2 = metal etc. (Symbols can have classes within classes) ie. Your symbol will still have its own class but consists of several parts with their own class. Not sure what happens when you apply a texture to the main class.....? Try...

Or if editing happens rarely you can simply apply textures in the symbol edit mode directly to each part through the OIP.

Edited by Vincent C