Broken Section Viewports

Itchy

I have 3 files (Site, Ground & Upper) referenced into an elevation file, and then use Section View ports to create my 6 elevations of the building - each viewport has extensive annotations, with hatching, references, grids etc.

All layers turned on, All classes turned on in the VP

All has been working fine until now, for some reason in the view port the Ground portion of the building is not showing up correctly - eg. the window direction arrows show up, but no window framing of walls do. This only happens when rendered in Hidden line - which is the look i want

Anyone got any ideas? The model looks fine when rendering (HL) in the design layer.

I have tried swapping to another render mode, then swapping back, no luck

I have tried recreating the referenced viewport, no luck

I have tried recreating the section viewport, no luck

I have tried deleting the reference and recreating the reference viewport and section viewport, no luck

I don't particularly want to have to recreate the whole file, lots of tedious copy pasting and aligning with the annotations but i may be left with no options considering i need to issue a revised set of elevations in the next few days - Boss is going to love the fact that i have to re do something that i have already done....

I just had a similar thing happen to me. Section viewports were no longer displaying all the wall components and sometime walls themselves disappeared. Only pieces were displaying. I quadruple checked classes and layers, etc. Turned on every single layer and class. Nothing. Duplicated viewports and created new viewports. They'd work for a short while then display the same. Obviously something got corrupted. After banging my head against a wall for about four hours one day and two the next, I really didn't have any more time to devote to it so I did a convert copy to lines. Strangely enough, the pieces that were not displaying were converted to invisible lines. So i did a select all, changed everything to a solid line, and just overlayed the group over the Section Viewport. Not the best solution, but it worked for now.

Monadnoc

Edited by Monadnoc
Can you post the files and let us have a look?

I can only post 5mb

The three files (site, main & upper) + the elevation file are 150mb+

I could go through and clean them out of the data that is not relevant to the sections to try cut down on file size, and then upload to my drop box. However i think i may have to bite the bullet and redo the file so that i can issue the revised elevations....

Question: (Please SAVE AS or copy files first!) What happens if you recreate one (or more) of the SVP's in question. For example, go to Top/Plan view and choose command Create Section VP. Then draw the section line, etc.

If this will work as expected you could probably copy and paste the annotations (as a Group) from the broken VP's into the newly created ones. Yes it is a PITA and no they shouldn't be broken in the first place. But if you need to get work done this *might* be a workable solution...

Those are big files. Could that be part of the problem?

Sorry meant all up they are 150+

The Main & Upper have about 10 sheets each, and the elevation file 6 sheets with 12 section viewports creating elevations.

Question: (Please SAVE AS or copy files first!) What happens if you recreate one (or more) of the SVP's in question. For example, go to Top/Plan view and choose command Create Section VP. Then draw the section line, etc.

If this will work as expected you could probably copy and paste the annotations (as a Group) from the broken VP's into the newly created ones. Yes it is a PITA and no they shouldn't be broken in the first place. But if you need to get work done this *might* be a workable solution...

As per the first post, i have attempted to recreate the section viewport but no luck... I have attached an example of whats happening - first one is a snip from the sheet layer, the other from the design layer.

I think it might be time to bite the bullet and recreate the elevation file...

Well Decided to bite the bullet so i could get the revised drawings out, so created a new Elevation file, set up the references, set up the first SVP - went to the original file to copy the annotations, ran an update to place some loci so i could copy and paste in place - but to my surprise the original view ports are now working...... (almost - still showing the window & door direction arrows even though the class is off)

After doing nothing apart from starting to create a new file, it must have feelings and not want to be replaced so decided to do its job...

• 2 months later...