Import Sheet Layer or Viewport Settings?

i am trying to import the 'Sheet Layer' or viewports form one file to another.

had a very bloated file, and just got a clean dwg import from client of a new floorplan. Have created a new file and then 'design layer' imported the layers needed. now i just want to bring in a few of the sheets that i have already finished into the new/clean file.

is there an easy way? currently working with Designer 2009, but also have Designer 2011.

Thanks

But you can get the VP crop object from the orig file by entering VP edit>Design Layer - check the box for Create Reference Crop Object. Cut that new crop object from the orig file, then paste in place to the proper design layer of the new file and create the new VP from the crop. Then copy/paste in place the annotations from old VP to new VP. Depending on view settings, you may need to add and delete some temporary guide objects to get everything lined up.

That's how I have done it both with referenced files and direct copies.

Another possibility is to work in a duplicate of your orig file. Reference in the new dwg, delete unneeded layers and objects. This will "save" the sheet layers with annotations.

-B