VectorWorks memory issue

If I try to open any more than 3 drawing at the same time VectorWorks becomes unusable, it took a few minutes just to try open the "window menu" to switch to another drawing and to try shut it down. Impossible to even draw a line or a rectangle.

Memory usage in the task manager puts VectorWorks at 400,000k - 500,000k , when I manage to close the third drawing, the memory drops just below 400, and when second drawing drops to low 300s, things speed up a bit but still slow and unusable. VectorWorks just by itself (no drawings open) uses up 134,000k.

I have to close down Vectorworks to make things fast again.

This has only happened today (twice though), and different files each time, files in question are not to large, range from 5mb to 20mb each.

Slow down only happens in Vectorworks, I can still use other programs and they run as normal.

Using the computer in the sig on the left.

Grant may be correct with the corruption, however how many programs do you have running at once? this can chew up a large amount of RAM not leaving much to work with. try running fewer programs and see if that helps, also check your file size you may have a corrupted file (oh yeah grant already mentioned that) I have had allot of corrupted files in older versions, oddly not lately.

Grant may be correct with the corruption, however how many programs do you have running at once? this can chew up a large amount of RAM not leaving much to work with. try running fewer programs and see if that helps, also check your file size you may have a corrupted file (oh yeah grant already mentioned that) I have had allot of corrupted files in older versions, oddly not lately.

Not sure if it is corrupt files, file size looks fine, and the files all operate perfect when they are the only files opened, and not to many other programs open in the background, maybe the odd pdf, outlook and chrome, but the thing is while Vectorworks is chewing up 50% of the memory and 50% of the CPU, all the other programs run perfectly nice and fast.

Is there a memory limit that the application can handle, maybe its getting to that and not allowing it to go any further so it gets slowed down?

Alls been well the last two days, maybe its just something we have to deal with every now and again?

bring on VW 2011 64 bit?

• 5 months later...

Same thing happening now in 2011...

Yes there is external references

One thing that I may mention is all the files are stored on another computer, and then accessed over the network, VW backups stored however on this machine - How else do people manage this, I can't keep copying to my local machine each time then copying back each time I want a file?

Current file is split off into levels (site/main/upper/model) so 2+ people can work on the project at a time, however if for some reason I have 2 of the project files VW just has a nightmare and I have to ether force quit of be very patient for any clicks to respond.

Very difficult to copy and paste between files especially with the bug that both files need to be open to prevent a crash.